Departments at REU Hospital
- Examination and Emergency Department
- General Anaesthetic (GA) Day Surgery
- Oral / Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- Oral Medicine
- Orthodontic Department
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Radiology Department
- Restorative Dentistry
Treatment with Students
Who is Eligible for Treatment with Supervised Trainees at the University Dental Hospital?
Riyadh Elm University Hospital is a teaching hospital and needs patients who are suitable for treatment by supervised trainees.
You are eligible for treatment only in the following circumstances (except in an emergency for the relief of pain):
- You are not registered with a dentist.
- You should be able to attend the Dental Hospital during normal working hours (ie 9am – 4pm Sunday to Thursday).
- You will need to agree to be treated by supervised trainees.
- Treatment will always take longer than in a General Dental Practice so you should be willing to spend 1-2 hours with us on each visit.
- If you wish to register for assessment of suitability for treatment with our undergraduate students, please call in to the Hospital to complete an application form.
After being screened by trainees who are supervised by qualified staff, the treatment you require will be discussed with you and you will be told whether or not you are suitable for treatment by trainees. Once this has been agreed you will be placed on a suitable waiting list.
Failure to attend on two consecutive occasions, regardless of whether you telephoned to let us know, may lead to discharge if the senior member of clinical staff feels that this has disrupted the student’s education.