Riyadh Elm University, Formerly Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy (RCsDP) obtained the approval of His Royal Highness King Salman Bin Abdulaziz, to establish the King Salman Center for Children Health.
Children are nation’s future men and leaders, so paying attention to their health and growing up away from diseases is at the head of state’s priorities.
His Royal Highness, King Salman Bin Abdulaziz was and still supporting and raising many of health projects in Saudi Arabia generally and in Riyadh specifically.
His Royal Highness takes care of the development and elevation of the citizen and ensures to offer the massive education, health and service projects, he also develops Riyadh environment by building well service – integrated structure that ensures health and welfare.
Health care is one of his many interests. He pays special attention to this sector by building many therapeutic hospitals and health centers in Riyadh, it is also manifested in his benevolent initiative step in establishing rehabilitation centers, Renal failure health centers, establishing social centers for mental health and King Salman health center, supporting orphanages and all health activities in Riyadh or other governs and centers.
King Salman Center will conduct surveys of the health of the children periodically to stop the spread of the diseases and to propose ways of protection as well as designing and providing health educational programs by arranging lectures, visual presentations and distribution of Posters and leaflets containing safety means and educate children through health festivals including School children. The center will also host professors and international experts to provide technical support and medical consultations in this field.
- To be an excellent center in areas of research, monitoring and health education for children of Riyadh city
- To have a local and global impact
- We believe in the pursuit of knowledge that benefits humanity and we believe in building a team of multiple parties to participate with the knowledge and culture and to create Riyadh generation of children free from diseases and armed with science
- Conduct Surveys Riyadh children to assess the health situation in specific regular dates with collaboration of other health sectors to create a database of the most important diseases prevalent in Riyadh children and propose appropriate solutions
- Provide health education programs by different media to cover the groups of children in Riyadh and producing booklets, brochures and CDs talking about children’s health care
- Organizing seminars and health annual meeting under the auspices of His Highness to discuss the most important health problems Facing children in Riyadh region based on the results of health studies in Riyadh and the proposed solutions in collaboration with all health government and private sectors and monitor the implementation of the meetings’ recommendations
- Establishing a database and an electronic record-keeping center that contains all the articles and scientific research published in scientific journals on the health of children Riyadh and get them indexed and submitted to the researchers and those interested to facilitate their tasks
- To issue a regular electronic health education journal in simplified Arabic