8th Annual Research Day held at RCsDP; poster competition winners announced
Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy (RCsDP) held its 8th Annual Research Day on May 6, 2017 at the Al-Namuthajiyah campus in collaboration with the International Association for Dental Research (IADR).
The event began with a program opened by the Rector, Prof. Abdullah Al Shammery and the annual report on the Research Center given by Prof. Hezekiah Mosadomi, Research Center Director.
Dr. Maha Al Muzaini, Adjunct Professor at King Saud University and Chair of the Immunocompromised Host Research, Department of Infection and Immunity of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, delivered this year’s keynote address on “The Role of Genetics and Molecular Biology in Interdisciplinary Research”.
A panel discussion on “Integrating Basic Research Methods into 21st Century Clinical Practice” followed with Prof. Al Shammery, Dr. Muzaini, Prof. Mosadomi, Dean Jamal Al Sanea, Prof. Gamal Kenawy and Dr. Tahani al Rahbeni as panelists.
Dr. Sharat Pani, Assistant Director of the Research Center, delivered the vote of thanks.
A total of 130 (98 from the female and 32 from the male) posters and poster presentations on practical researches from students and faculty of the Colleges of Dentistry, Pharmacy and Nursing competed. The posters were each classified under one of six categories – namely: Pharmacy; Nursing; Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry; Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry; Periodontics and Special Care Dentistry; and Prosthodontics and Oral Maxillofacial Surgery.
The winners are the following:
- Pharmacy: New Resources of Drug Discovery in the Arabian Gulf
- Nursing: A Study on Perceived Strength and Weakness of Riyadh Colleges Nursing Graduates in Delivering Quality Nursing Care
- Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry: A Survey of the Knowledge and Methods of Endodontic Treatment by Dentists in Riyadh City
- Periodontics and Special Care Dentistry: Bacteriological Correlation between Dental Plaque and Tonsillopharyngitis Among Patients Undergoing Tonsillectomy in Riyadh
- Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry: A Novel Delivery System for Dental Adhesives
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry: The Incidence of ADHD among Schoolchildren and Mercury Leached from Dental Amalgam
The panel of judges was comprised of thirty-eight (38) RCsDP faculty members – Prof Sami Shafik ; Prof. Mohammad Al Omari; Prof. Gamal Kenawy; Prof Hassan Abu Elkheir; Prof. Farouk Sakr; Prof Ashraf Kamel; Prof Sanaa Shafshak; Dr. Mohammad Rayan; Dr. Ahmed Khashaba ; Dr. Navin Ingle; Dr. Rohit Fernandez; Dr. Lilibeth Lim Gaffud; Dr. Hassan Selim; Dr. Tahani AlRahebeni; Dr. Hana AlKhabbaz; Dr Wafa ElSyed; Dr. May AlKhudairy; Dr. Nishath Abdul; Dr. Eman Fatani; Dr. Deema Al Shammery; Dr. Cristalle Soman; Dr. Ghousia Rahman; Dr. Reem Haddad; Dr. Tammam Terkawi; Dr. Marwa Eltayeb; Dr. Sarah Mubaraki; Dr. Afraa AlRashid; Dr. Afraa AlMurriky; Dr. Hala Fahmy; Dr. Roula Bounni; Dr. Ammar Mostafa; Dr. Abdul Baseer; Dr. Ashwin Shetty; Dr. Hassan Selim; Dr. Rakan Shaheen; Dr. Fahda AlDahash; Dr. Asmaa AlMeslet; Dr. Ekta Ingle; and Dr. Hidayah Elyas.