About Academic advising
Undergraduate academic advisors in REU are committed to providing quality, holistic advisement services that meet each student’s unique needs. In partnership with colleagues across campus, the academic advising community is devoted to establishing an environment that supports student recruitment, retention and success in their educational, career and life goals.
To empower students to be active, responsible learners who take full advantage of the many opportunities the REU that provides in the areas of academics, research, and community and global engagement.
Goals & objectives
We are here to assist our students to:
- Develop an appropriate academic plan for timely graduation based upon their demonstrated academic abilities, personal interests, and expressed goals.
- Continuously assess academic progress towards meeting their stated goals and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Engage in learning, research, and creative activities designed to complement their overall undergraduate experience and career preparation.
- Utilized campus resources and support services.
- Understand and take responsibility for knowing REU policies and procedures, including the importance of adhering to deadlines.
- Engage in an exploration of career goals related to their personal interests and area of study.