About College of Pharmacy
Riyadh Elm University College of Pharmacy, established in 2004, located in Qurtuba and Namuthajiah campus . It offers a 5 years undergraduate professional Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science and postgraduate degrees of Master of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharm. D. Certificate
Effective education and training in different pharmacy professions to serve the society in an evidence-based approach
Effective Pharmaceutical education and training with an active contribution towards scientific research and knowledge to meet the pharmaceutical services in the society.
- Graduate pharmacists who are competent to meet the needs of the population.
- Provide the student with professional ethics and values in addition to knowledge and skills.
- Engage students and faculty members in community services.
- Provide a distinct educational and research environment to conduct scientific pharmaceutical research.
- Provide competitive program in all pharmaceutical disciplines.
- Continue a comprehensive quality management system within the college that achieves quality performance and aims for continuous development.
- Promote health awareness among the public.
- Encourage lifelong learning, ethical and professional behaviors, leadership, and responsibility.
Program Learning Outcomes:
|Knowledge and Understanding|
|K1||Describe the principles and concepts of basic and required sciences as a foundation for pharmacy courses|
|K2||Recognize the properties, mechanism of action, dosage, side effects, contraindications, interactions, sources, discovery, optimization, formulation, good manufacturing practices, analysis, and marketing of pharmaceutical dosage forms|
|K3||Outline principles of current research methodology and evidence-based practice|
|K4||Recognize ethical, legal, and economic aspects of the pharmacy profession|
|S1||Apply concepts and principles of pharmaceutical and therapeutic sciences in the pharmacy profession|
|S2||Evaluate scientific and professional literature critically to be utilized to develop medication therapy plans that are patient-centered and evidence-based|
|S3||Design appropriate methods for drug discovery and drug development|
|S4||Plan suitable research methods and evidence-based approaches|
|S5||Interpret mathematical and statistical data in different pharmacy profession settings to provide drug information to patients and health care providers|
|S6||Interpret and evaluate, for safety, quality, and economy, prescriptions and other orders for medicines|
|S7||Communicate clearly and effectively with patients, their families, colleagues, other health professionals, and the public in various settings|
|V1||Show self-awareness and self-reflection to continue professional development as a pharmacist|
|V2||Demonstrate effective leadership in complex professional and social environments|
|V3||Illustrate professional attitude, ethical behavior, social and cultural awareness in pharmacy practice, research, and industry|
|V4||Advocate patient rights to safe and effective medication use in various settings|
Program Graduate Attributes:
- Able to prepare and dispense medications legally, ethically, and according to the latest guidelines
- User of evidence-based practice in identifying and solving patient-specific drug-related problems
- Demonstrator of leadership and performing necessary pharmacy administrative duties
- Passionate to cooperate with pharmacists and other healthcare providers in providing high-quality pharmaceutical services
- Fostering the application of essential drug-related research skills in professional development
- User of the latest informational technologies for lifelong learning, improving professional skills, and serving the community
- Capable to communicate effectively with patients and healthcare providers with complete respect for cultural diversity