Bachelor of Dental Technology
A Dental Technology student in Riyadh Elm University learns all the technical skills necessary to work with molds, metals, and other materials to create customized fixtures for the perfect fit. Students learn how to make and repair orthodontic appliances, crowns and bridges, complete dentures, partial dentures, and other dental appliances.
They also learn how to fill orders from dentists for a variety of dental appliances. They are trained how to use the dentists’ detailed written directions and molds of the patient’s teeth or oral soft tissues and therefrom.
Effective dental technology education and training with an active contribution to scientific oral health research and meeting dental service’s needs.
- Yield a fine educational encounter in the field of dental technology corresponding to international and national standards which assist the students to establish their professional practices.
- Qualifying the students to enhance their active communication skills that aid them to approach various technical problems in association with the dentist and other dental health care team.
- Supporting the students to establish the precept of life-long learning to promote professional knowledge and skills by taking part in conferences, workshops, and dental-related scientific research events.
- Engage students in community service.
Program Learning Outcomes:
|Knowledge and Understanding
||Identify different materials, material selection, biocompatibility, designs of dental appliances, and fabrication techniques used in their manufacture
||Demonstrate a critical approach to research methods, basic managerial skills, and strategies in the field of Dental Technology
||Describe dental technology techniques and various dental concepts
||Integrate oral, basic, biomedical, biohazard, and behavioral sciences with the dental lab technology profession
||Illustrate intellectual skills in management, knowledge, reasoning, and problem solving to enable an evaluation of contrasting approaches within the field of dental technology
||Analyze critically, using higher levels of professional judgments and decision making in dental lab technology environments
||Analyze evidence and employ independent research techniques producing an extended piece of academic writing
||Demonstrate competence in performing procedures in all aspects of dental technology with different materials
||Operate safely, independently and be able to make autonomous decisions when constructing dental appliances of increasing complexity
||Use the appropriate information technology software and electronic resources to analyze, search and present effectively
||Demonstrate the capacity for working independently while maintaining standards and time management
||Apply appropriate professional, ethical and legal standards in providing sound prostheses following health care rules and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
||Engage in continuing professional development and direct personal development through self and peer assessment
Program Graduate Attributes:
- Able to communicate effectively with dentist and colleagues
- Possessor of good hand skills
- Good organizational ability, time management skills, and able to do precise and detailed work
- Possessor of an eye for form and design
- Able to follow instructions and concentrate on specific tasks
- Knowledgeable in technologies
- Self-motivated, enjoy working independently and in a team