The duration of the program is 1 year. Upon completion, the candidate will be a Specialist in Implant Dentistry and he/she will receive a Higher Diploma in Implant Dentistry Certificate recognized by Saudi Commission for Health Specialties with SCFHS certificate (no. 110001107).
The Core Courses are listed below and they reflect the current philosophy of training in Implant Dentistry for qualified dentists.
Lectures and Seminars:
- Applied Head and Neck Anatomy
- Integrated Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Radiology
- History and Types of Implants
- Perio-Prosthodontic Seminars
- Surgical and Prosthetic Seminars
- Treatment Planning Seminars
- Pharmacology in Implant Dentistry
- Photography in Dentistry
- Literature Reviews
Laboratory and Clinical Sessions:
- Implant Surgery
- Implant Prosthodontics
- Implant Laboratory Sessions
- Implant Clinics
A dentist who successfully completes this Diploma Course would have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Determine the most suitable or preferred implant treatment for the patient and therefore plan all the stages of treatment and bring them to a successful completion.
- Discuss and communicate effectively with the patient pointing out the benefits of the preferred proposed implant treatment.
- Carry out any implant procedures at may be required to augment any deficient sites within the competency of the general dentist.
- Carry out the surgical and restorative phases of the implant rehabilitation, thereby, giving the patient the esthetic and functional restorations of excellent quality.
- Follow up and maintain the treatment that has been completed for the patient.