Riyadh Elm University provides conditions for adapting to the university environment and its requirements, as it plays a great role distinguished by the necessary services such as libraries, nutrition, health care and additional services.
Libraries and Libraries services:
At Riyadh Elm University, there are three libraries in the various university buildings, which operate from 7:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. the libraries facilitate access to reference services in the educational, scientific and research process by providing its services to the beneficiaries of students, faculty members and administrators. The libraries contain more than ten thousand books and a large collection of university theses and scientific journals.
- Helping students to make use of information resources.
- Help in using the research tools available in the library that are difficult for some to use.
- Respond to students’ inquiries and faculty members.
- Helping students to enter the e-learning portal as well as the digital library.
- Borrowing according to the announced conditions.
- Using computers as all the devices in the libraries, as all devices in the libraries are equipped with an Internet connection service.
Saudi Digital Library:
The university was keen to spread knowledge and overcome all difficulties that were facing students and faculty members in obtaining scientific references and journals, therefore such library provide them with the opportunity to benefit from all sources of information in various forms, and participated in the Saudi Digital Library service to serve its staff members of the faculty and students.
The following table shows the university’s subscriptions to the digital library:
|Science Direct E-JOURNALS||Science Direct E-BOOK|
The following table review the databases.
|Summon Web Scale Discovery \ Ebsco Discovery Service|
|Wiley Online Library|
|Gale Reference Complete|
|meem – trial|
|Translation Unit Digital Repository – Ministry of Education|
|Abstracts of translated university thesis|
|Scientific Book Portal|
Health Services are provided to all university students and employees, if necessary. The University Hospital at Riyadh Elm University includes a room with two beds, a device for observing vital signs, a blood glucose meter, a thermometer and a weight meter, in addition to it is equipped with drugs and oxygen.
Two female doctors and a nurse are employed to provide health services to students, and these services are represented as follows:
- Preparing a file for the student containing complete medical information (diagnosis of the case, medicines he/she uses, the hospital in he/she following as well as medical services provided to them and ID number).
- Providing immediate medical attention to students and all university employee.
- Dispending the necessary medicines by following up on the doctor supervising the case.
- Preparing medical reports for students’ cases and submitting hem to the university administration.
- Special follow-up of students and the health status.
- Providing first aid for critical cases and then clinics administration communicate with the ambulance to be transferred to the nearest hospital.
At Riyadh Elm University, there are 2 cafeterias in places serving students and all university employees on the ground floor with the availability of a dining hall that includes tables and chairs.
- Food House Cafeteria (Dar Alatema)
- Layal Cafeteria
- Delivery according to students desire
The university administration performs a supervisory and educational role by conducting daily supervisory tours to all food service delivery sites in order to produce high quality and safety meals.
In the event that any violation is discovered beyond the control of the administration, the complaint will be received and appropriate action taken.
The General Administration of Nutrition provides hospitality to university employees by contracting with contractors specialized contractors in organizing conferences and seminars by providing lists of different levels according to the desire of the employees. As for the educational role, it is carried out by reviving the international awareness days related to food, through extracurricular activities for students.
The feedback of students and university employees about the meals presented are taken through a questionnaire sent to everyone to measure their satisfaction or if they want to change meals.
- Follow-up housing for expatriate students.
- Providing parking for male and female students, faculty members and all university employees.