Riyadh Elm University, Formerly Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy (RCsDP) Library opens at 7:30 to 4:00 and offers its services to the beneficiaries as students and faculty members and administrators, Riyadh Elm University (REU) library provides physical and digital access to material, its Equipped with internet and intranet connections which are accessible by the students.
General and profession-specific books are available and continuously upgraded. Various journals, monographs, reading and reference materials are obtainable to facilitate convenience for students learning, and an Audio-visual system that clearly delivers a simultaneous lecture and seminar to students.
Borrowing, renewing, holding, recalling, returning library materials – Appealing fines – Confidentiality of Library Records.
- Study Space
Places for students to sit and study in order to access and search service in all sources of information.
- Printing Service
Provide a high-quality printing service.
- Ask a Librarian
Email – Call or visit a reference desk.
Reserve materials, which may be books, articles, chapters, etc., are course related materials chosen by faculty for students in their classes. Any instructor teaching a course for RCsDP may place materials on reserve in one of 3 campus libraries.
Rules and Regulations:
- General Library Regulations
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library.
- No bags, etc except files and books may be brought into the Library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the Library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any Length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the library staff.
- Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
- The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The Loan Service Borrowing is the vital nerve of the library and information services in general, and it is considered one of the most important services provided by public libraries and one of the important indicators on the effectiveness of the library and its relationship with the community of beneficiaries.Its Defined as the process of recording information sources for use outside the library for a certain period of time and record sufficient information about the borrower.General Loan Rules
- Use your student identification card to borrow and return books, (Using another student identification card is forbidden)
- You are not allowed to borrow more than one material at the same time.
- Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date, to avoid delay penalties.
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost or damaged.
- A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book, Loss and Damage.
Overdue book: pay 5 Riyals per day
Loss and Damage: Pay the price of the book in addition to the technical procedures and bookbinding price.
- Materials that are not allowed to be borrowed
References, and journals, releases, theses.
- Do not use the computers to do the following:
- Playing Games
- Playing Music
- Playing Movies
Number of Books allowed to be Borrowed:
- Faculty (4 Books)
- Lecturers and repeaters and graduate students (3 Books)
- Administrative Body (2 Books)
- Students of B.Sc (3 Books)
- Members of the Teaching Faculty 1 Month.
- Lecturers and Repeaters and Graduate Students 3 weeks.
- Administrative Body (1 Week)
- Undergraduate Students (1 Week)
- Beneficiaries can renew the loan for one time only, in case there’s no demand on the borrowed book, but he/she is committed to return the book before the end of the specified lending period.
Sanctions and Fines:
- Overdue book: pay 5 Riyals per day for each book (If the duration exceeds 1 year the book considers missing and results in a fine).
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the same edition or the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.