In 2008, the Quality Assurance & Accreditation Center (QAAC) was established at Riyadh Elm University to enhance the performance of the academic and the administrative practices and to achieve a competitive advantage. Since its establishment; REU has focused on disseminating a culture of quality in all its activities. The center has been tasked to support the university’s strategy for the development of an effective and efficient quality assurance system highlighted by quality teaching, research development, curriculum development, and student progression and welfare.
The center is the body that leads the process of implementing the standards of quality in support services, academic programs, and administrative units in accordance with the standards prescribed by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation (NCAAA) in Saudi Arabia. The QAAC is also responsible for providing services and information to all REU’s stakeholders. The information provided assists in policy development, decision making, the enforcement of alternative solutions, and continuous improvement through a variety of operational research projects and analytic activities.
To become a preeminent center for academic excellence in quality assurance practices in higher education.
To ensure best practices in REU with transparent processes in accordance with nationally and internationally acceptable quality assurance practices in the field of health education.
- Disseminating and promoting the culture of quality amongst all REU’s staff.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance and quality of administrative and academic units.
- Developing and implementing strategies and techniques to improve effectiveness of all REU’s units.
- Applying local accreditation and quality assurance standards in the fields of teaching and learning at all academic programs.
- Delivering high-quality information and services for decision support, research, data analysis, and strategic planning for institutional effectiveness.
- Improving transparency, integrity, and accountability in the quality process among REU’s stakeholders.
QAAC Administrative Organizational Structure